We love rules. OK, maybe not all the time but we need structure. Structure keeps us in line and on task. This goes double for your health and fitness. Follow my personal “10 Commandments” of health and fitness and see what happens over the course of a year. You’ll be happy you did.
- Sleep 8-9 hours….every…single…night!
- Eat fewer calories to lose weight, more calories to gain weight (duh)
- Moderate-to-Heavy resistance training 3-5x week
- Intense interval sprints 1-2x week
- Spend 1hr twice a week stretching….just…stretching
- Diet importance (macros): protein, fat, carbs (in that order)
- Focus on building STRENGTH….looks come later
- Focus on FAT loss, not WEIGHT loss
- Set short-term and long-term goals
- Find your ‘carrot’ (i.e. the driving force/motivation for #9)
Keep in mind these are MY personal rules. Do you agree? Disagree? Sound off!
STAY FIT MY FRIENDS!